Slip and Fall Cases
An accident can happen nearly anywhere on public and private property in Sacramento or the surrounding areas. An individual can be seriously injured at a property that is left neglected, if it is not maintained properly or not built to code. Slip and Fall injuries can cause numerous types of injuries including broken bones, bruises, scrapes, brain damage, spinal cord injury and even death depending on the severity of the fall. These accidents can require ongoing medical treatment for the individuals involved, thousands of dollars in medical bills plus loss of wages. Todd Bissell has been providing legal services to injured clients for more than 30 years. He will personally handle every detail of your personal injury matters – from the filing of a claim to the recovery of damages. Request a free, no-obligation legal consultation with Bissell Law by filling out the form on this website or by calling 916-983-3565.
Our goal is to get you the settlement you deserve. There is no fee until we win your case!
Some examples of Slip and Fall Accidents may include:
- Road or sidewalk potholes
- Wet floors
- Spills left on floors
- Unattended spill or fallen items
- Uneven flooring
- Adverse weather condition such as rain or snow
- Ripped or Rippled carpet
- Walkways or Stairs without proper lighting
- Damaged or uneven stairs
- Damaged, broken or missing railings
Slip and Fall Accidents, in United States tort law, is a claim or case based on a person slipping (or tripping) and falling because a property owner was negligent in allowing some dangerous condition to exist that caused the slip or trip. Property owners generally have two basic defenses to Public liability slip and fall claims:
* The first defense is that they were not negligent. For example, the owner may claim that the banana that a patron slipped upon had been dropped on the floor only moments ago by another patron, and that, in the exercise of due diligence, a typical store owner acting with reasonable care would not have had time to discover the danger and take steps to mitigate the danger.
* The second and more typical defense is that the person who was injured was at fault. For example, the owner may claim that any reasonable patron, exercising due diligence for his or her own safety, would see a banana on the floor, and take the steps necessary to avoid slipping on it.
For Slip And Fall Investigations, the incident’s walking surface slip resistance can be measured. The surface can be tested to identify if it is above or below accepted levels of slip resistance thresholds. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Have you or a loved one been hurt in a driveway, walking on the sidewalk or in a crosswalk?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA) nearly 5000 pedestrians die in traffic related accidents every year and in 2012 close to 76,000 pedestrians were injured in accidents involving motor vehicles. People on foot are particularly vulnerable in traffic, and automobile drivers by law must yield to pedestrians crossing the street. A pedestrian has the right to compensation for damages if someone else’s negligence lead to or caused the accident. Negligence happens when a person does or does not do something that is considered reasonable or unreasonable in a situation to protect others from danger. If you or a loved one have been involved in a pedestrian accident, contact our Law Firm. Todd Bissell will personally manage and control every aspect of your case from start to finish. There is no fee until we win your case! Our law office serves the greater Sacramento area including Roseville, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Granite Bay, Loomis, Rocklin, Lincoln Sun City, Elk Grove, Orangevale, Fair Oaks CA.